Godney Post House
Godney Post House is a period blue lias stone cottage built in 1846. Your apartment is self-contained and renovated to a high standard with many period features:
- Double bedroom, with super king size bed (or can be made up as 2 x 3ft twin beds)
- Luxurious bathroom with freestanding bath and large walk in shower
- Separate sitting room with kitchen area including toaster, kettle, microwave and fridge
- Scrumptious continental breakfast which you can enjoy at your own leisure, in your own space
- Friendly pub, The Sheppey, with great food and live music within easy walking distance
- Lovely views over open countryside from all windows
- Parking directly outside property
- Wildlife - herons, egrets, starlings, swallows, kingfishers and otters
Godney (God's Isle) is a small historic village situated on the edge of the peaceful, atmospheric Somerset Levels. Glastonbury is only 3 miles to the south and the historic city of Wells is 5 miles to the north. Glastonbury is famous for its Tor, a prominent landmark that can be seen for miles in all directions, and for the tranquil and atmospheric ruins of England's largest and richest Abbey, the legendary burial place of King Arthur. Wells is the smallest of England's cities and site of the magnificent Wells Cathedral and Vicar's Close, the oldest continuously inhabited street in Europe. For nature lovers there are four national nature reserves surrounding Godney, havens for birds and wildlife. There are plenty of places to visit for a great day out - the cities of Bath and Bristol; Cheddar Gorge and Caves; Longleat Safari Park; the Mendip Hills and Ebbor Gorge. Plus there are numerous National Trust properties near by - Barrington Court, Fyne Court, Lytes Cary Manor, Montacute House, Tintinhill Garden and Stourhead to name but a few.
Some of guests have been kind enough to leave some very lovely comments:
"Came for 2 and stayed for 4 nights! Lovely accommodation and people. See you next time."
"Perfect setting for views of the stars at night and beautiful dawn walk"
"Best night's sleep I have had in years! Lovely"
"Fab place, lovely people, good food. Pub within walking distance. What else could you ask for. Good times."
- Free WiFi internet
- Bike lock-up
- WiFi internet
- Free parking
- Off-site parking
- Continental breakfast
Activities and Experiences
- Animal watching
- Bird watching
- Mountain biking
- Art galleries & museums
The accommodation is accessed via an exterior wooden staircase on the first floor (Not Ground floor). The Garden is uneven and has direct access to the river.